And Then...the Dog Licked My Lens

Photo By: Calli Bicknese
To preface my story about the day this photo was taken - I most of the time do not have a problem with being around dogs. I will say though, that most of the time when I am around dogs I am in the safety of her hands taking photos way above where any of the dogs are able to get me. That day, well, that day was very different.

She took me over to her friend's house to spend the day hanging out and taking photos, of course I was excited. Anytime we go out to take photos all day is a good time. When we arrived at her friend's house as we approached the door I heard the dogs start barking. I WAS SO EXCITED! I love taking photos of dogs, they are so cute and give the best photos. When the door opened I saw two right off the bat, they were larger dogs. As she entered the apartment I noticed there were two more dogs as well, but they were two smaller dogs.

As I was hanging around her neck, she sat down on the couch and immediately the dogs came and crowded around her. She picked me up and starting snapping photos right away, I. Was. In. Love. I have never gotten so many cute pictures of dogs ever before. After a little while she wanted to lay down with one of the dogs to cuddle with it. So she set me down next to her on the couch. And this was when I realized that my safe space was gone and any of these dogs could come make me a chew toy.

I was so very wrong, after she laid down the pretty dog (one of the big ones) came up and laid down right next to her. Luckily, my lens was facing the right way so I was able to catch the perfect shot of her and the dog laying together. It was quite possibly the cutest photo ever. After taking a few seconds to admire the photo, I was startled because the dog looked over and licked my lens. Gross.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shutter In Chicago

You Brought a Camera to Walmart?