Skitching Is No Place for a Camera

Photo By: Calli Bicknese

If I remember correctly, it was a Tuesday night when she dragged me out into the arctic temperatures to experience what was probably something that only a GoPro should experience. I was all warm in my camera bag inside somewhere listening to her and her friends laugh and joke with each other when all of the sudden they started yelling about something called skitching? Honestly nothing could have prepared me for what happened next.

Suddenly my dark, warm camera bag became extremely bright and chilly. Slightly excited and terrified it had become apparent that I was going with on this skitching adventure. She put me around her neck and outside we went. I was kind of upset she was taking me outside in the cold without and promise of capturing Christmas lights (normally that is our agreement), but I had never heard of skitching before which meant I was going to be capturing photos I had never seen before.

Then began the wildest night of my life, here she was hanging outside of the back of a moving vehicle with me, only a neck strap was keeping me from falling to my doom behind the car. Her friends were being dragged behind the car on only a piece of plastic through a very thin layer of snow on the street.

The snowflakes were dropping down like bombs on my lens, but I did my best to get the perfect pictures for her because she seemed so excited about making sure she had them. Truly, skitching is no place for a camera (unless you're a GoPro).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shutter In Chicago

And Then...the Dog Licked My Lens

You Brought a Camera to Walmart?