I Left My Camera In The Van

Photo By: Calli Bicknese

On the road agaaaaaaain! Just can't wait to get on the road agaaaiiiin! I was singing to myself so loudly when I soon realized that we actually were going to be on the road again. My camera bag rustled and I knew immediately that we were about to set on another adventure. I remember being alarmed at first because she took me out of the bag before we even left the house - it was one of THOSE adventures. Those adventures are my favorite because I am able to snap pictures of the entire adventure instead of being trapped in a stupid bag for most of it.

So there I was, in the car headed to the mystery destination once again. It had been awhile since I had been in the car without my camera bag covering my lens. She had my lens tilted at the right angle to catch all the trees and buildings that passed as we drove. I remember that was the first time that I had experienced what humans call "being car sick". My circuits seemed all out of whack the entire ride until I she got me out of the car. Once she got out of the car, I could see a huge blue van that she was approaching.

Once we got inside of the van, it was extremely dark. I knew what this meant. I had to really step up my game for those pictures, and not only did I have to step up my game but I had to learn some patience real fast that night. Shooting in low light conditions takes a lot of patience to make sure you get the right photo without too much blur. That night my photo skills were on point, I was able to catch an amazing photo that actually had some blur in it - which added a cool motion effect to the picture.

After a long night of taking photos, she was ready to leave to go home. I noticed though that she started leaving the van without me, and sure enough the door shut and here I was still in the van. And that is the story of how I spent the night stranded in a van. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shutter In Chicago

And Then...the Dog Licked My Lens

You Brought a Camera to Walmart?