Shutter In Chicago

Photo By: Calli Bicknese
I LOVE THE TRAIN. Normally, when she takes me on the train that means we are going to Chicago! Unlike skitching (see the story)...Chicago is definitely the right place for a camera like me. There are always so many things to look at. I just wish it wasn't so cold and windy there, my lens likes to fog up a lot.

The train always lasts so long, and I am always super excited to get there. When we arrived in the city she took what felt like forever to get out of the station and outside where I knew we would finally be taking pictures. I was chilling out tucked inside of her jacket hoping she would take me out soon when her phone started ringing. After the conversation, it sounded like she was meeting someone somewhere.

At that time I was wondering if that was the person we were going to take pictures of that day. I was prepared to take pictures of the scenery, I was unaware that I was going to be catching smiles. Finally we left the station and she started walking down what looked like the sidewalk - my lens was pointing sideways so it was hard to tell. After a few minutes of walking, I saw a flash of pink go by and very loud train sounds. 

Another train? At that point I felt like we were never going to take photos. Then she started talking to someone when we got up to the train platform. He had said something about lighting a cigarette and she laughed and proceeded to pick me up. Whenever this happens I know I am about to capture a great photo. As she pointed me in his direction, my first reaction was to focus on his face but I noticed something interesting in the background. She must have thought this would be an interesting photo because when I changed the focus she snapped a picture really quick. I'm glad she thought it would be a good photo, but I was really just noticing the no smoking sign in the background. No smoking, but he was puffing away at a cigarette? Humans are wild.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Then...the Dog Licked My Lens

You Brought a Camera to Walmart?